Employees are your most valuable asset, and they are at their most valuable when they are engaged, committed and motivated. Employees who feel appreciated and valued deliver improved business performance and research has repeatedly shown a relationship between how people are managed, their attitudes and behaviour, and business performance.
Employee engagement is based on trust, integrity, two-way commitment and communication between an Employer and its Employees. It is an approach that increases the chances of business success, contributing to organisational and individual performance, productivity and well-being.
Positive employee relationships deliver revenue growth, customer satisfaction, productivity, innovation, efficiency and staff retention and it’s important to have a clear strategy in place to promote employee engagement.
There are several elements you can include in your employee engagement strategy, for example:
- A reward strategy including sales incentive plans and bonuses
- A culture of trust, transparency clear communication
- A tailored remuneration and benefits package, appropriate for your workforce
- Employee consultation and inclusion in decision making
At Gravitas HR we can help you to motivate employees and improve your company culture in ways that increase employee retention, productivity and profitability.
If you would like any help with employee engagement and retention, please call our team of expert HR specialists on 01604 763 494.
Related Blog Posts
You may also like to read the following blog posts around the area of employee engagement and retention:
- Rock Star or Reality: What Is Your Company Culture? - Learn about how your company branding can affect employee engagement as well as how clients perceive your business.
- What exactly do we pay him for? - Karen explains what happens when employees don't have a sense of purpose or their roles in the business are misunderstood.
- Sales Team Communication - avoiding the "blame" game - Mark explains the importance of good communication, teamwork, and sales incentives.
- Losing Employees: Don't Leave Me This Way - Find out how you can protect your business from losing the skills and experience employees bring to your business.